Monday, April 23, 2012

Got a Chip on your Shoulder?

Hello all once again. I know from my own experience chipping was a major problem in my short game. I would get close to the green but not quite make it onto it. This is where chipping helps and comes in handy. I would struggle like a lot of beginners and end up hitting the ball to short or way past the hole. And like many i would end up made and aggravated with myself because of the error.

It was only after watching a lot of different varieties of video on YouTube that i learned what i was doing wrong and how to improve my stroke. If you just go to YouTube you can search for many different videos about chipping and choose the one that works best for you. Below is a link to one of my favorite chipping videos that is on YouTube.


Jim Furyk explains the chipping swing very well i think.

Hopefully this video helps you out like it has with me. After watching this video and others i learned how to chip correctly and practiced it at the range and then went onto the golf course and it lower my score by a few strokes.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Matt, some of my hardest parts of my golf game is the chipping. Nice insightful stuff on the video, I may even be able to use this on my first trip up north for some golfing! Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Played for the first time this season at Rackham right behind the Detroit Zoo. For my first round of the year it wasn't too bad. Mixture of decent drives, approach shots and putts with a bunch of terrible shots I hope never happen again. I like the video on chipping but if you have any tips on driving, I'd be interested in trying to fix my tee shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Matt,

    I just started getting into golf a couple of summers ago. I made improvements pretty quickly at first, but I feel like I'm starting to stall a bit. I think improving my chipping will probably be the biggest thing for me in terms of shaving off strokes. I plan on watching more videos like this and going out to the range to practice. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone. I hope to provide assistance that can help everyone out. Improving my chipping has improved my game dramatically. I previously always hit the ball over the green or to short. Andy Cooper I will for sure have helpful hints on the good old drive in the future because many people do have problems with the drive and it not going straight.

    ReplyDelete